BANGKOK, 3 June, 2015 – Money matters in Mekong region tourism will be in sharp focus on 17 June at the Mekong Tourism Investment Summit in Da Nang, Vietnam. CEOs and stalwarts of innovative hotel brands, leading NGOs, investment agencies and tourism money pundits will analyze what’s hot and what’s not in Mekong region tourism.
Alternative accommodation models will be discussed by Rory Hunter, CEO Song Saa Hotels & Resorts, Bill Barnett, CEO C9 Hotelworks, and Jack Bartholomew, Indochina Director, Khiri Travel, and others.
Warts-and-all practitioner perspectives will be shared by James Kaplan, SVP Development, Minor Group, Peter Ryder, CEO, Indochina Capital, Peter Semone, Chief Technical Advisor, Lanith, and Robert Hecker, Managing Director, Pacific Asia, Horwath HTL.
There will be additional sessions on the big picture, the power of low cost airlines and international finance institutions with speakers Daniel Voellm of HVS and Kevin Murphy of Asiawide Hospitality Solutions.
The Mekong Tourism Investment Summit is free for travel industry stakeholders. Seats are limited. For further program information and to register visit mekongtourismforum.org.
Download the entire program in PDF
About Mekong Tourism:
What’s happening this MTF 2015?
1. Mekong Tourism Marketing Workshop (in collaboration with UNWTO, PATA, ATTA, GSTC, and Thammasat University) – private and public sector collaboration on product development, aligned to the new Mekong Tourism Marketing Strategy, focusing on key themes and thematic routes in the GMS; from food, cruise, and community based tourism, to adventure tourism.
2. Mekong Tourism Social Media Boot-Camp (in collaboration with Digital Innovation Asia) educating the industry on the importance of digital, social, and mobile. The event features experts from facebook, Tripadvisor, Dragon Trail (China), Rezgo (Canada), Guiddoo (India).
3. Mekong Tourism Investment Summit (in collaboration with HVS, Horwath, and C9 Hotelworks) debating investment opportunities, risks, and challenges in the GMS, to create innovative partnerships by hoteliers, airliners, tour operators, cruise companies, banks and public sector.
4. Mekong Tourism Symposium – the main event of the Mekong Tourism Forum focusing on the MTF2015 theme “Unlocking the Potential of Mekong Tourism via Innovative Partnerships”. This year, the Mekong Tourism Symposium” is emceed by award-winning author, and TV host and travel journalist Peter Greenberg of CBS News.
5. Movie Screening: Gringo Trails – introduced by the film’s director and producer, movie screening of the award-winning feature film “Gringo Trails”, showing the unanticipated impact of tourism on cultures, economies, and the environment.
6. Post Tours – exciting tours to explore the region, including Da Nang City (including Marble Mountains and Son Tra Peninsula), Hoi An City (a beautiful UNESCO heritage town), Ba Na Hills, and the Cotu Ethnic Minority Community Village (one of Vietnam’s most authentic hill tribes).