BANGKOK, 5 June, 2015 – The 2015 Mekong Tourism Social Media Boot Camp, produced by Digital Innovation Asia (DIA), will feature speakers from Facebook, TripAdvisor, Rezgo, Guiddoo, and Dragon Trail. Diving into social media in Thailand, Vietnam, and South East Asia, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, and Egg Digital (Vietnam) will deliver intriguing case studies. The boot camp on 16 June is part of the Mekong Tourism Forum in Da Nang, Viet Nam, 16-19 June.
Digital story telling via social media generates demand for destinations and travel experiences. “Training small and medium enterprises in the Mekong region to leverage digital media is also critical to positioning the region as a competitive single tourism destination,” said Dinh Ngoc Duc, Director General for International Cooperation, Vietnam National Administration of Tourism.
For the past three years, Mekong Tourism Forum has focused on educating the tourism industry about digital marketing, in collaboration with Digital Innovation Asia.
Registration for the boot camp and all Mekong Tourism Forum events is free at www.MekongTourismForum.org.
Download the entire program in PDF
About Mekong Tourism:
What’s happening this MTF 2015?
1. Mekong Tourism Marketing Workshop (in collaboration with UNWTO, PATA, ATTA, GSTC, and Thammasat University) – private and public sector collaboration on product development, aligned to the new Mekong Tourism Marketing Strategy, focusing on key themes and thematic routes in the GMS; from food, cruise, and community based tourism, to adventure tourism.
2. Mekong Tourism Social Media Boot-Camp (in collaboration with Digital Innovation Asia) educating the industry on the importance of digital, social, and mobile. The event features experts from facebook, Tripadvisor, Dragon Trail (China), Rezgo (Canada), Guiddoo (India).
3. Mekong Tourism Investment Summit (in collaboration with HVS, Horwath, and C9 Hotelworks) debating investment opportunities, risks, and challenges in the GMS, to create innovative partnerships by hoteliers, airliners, tour operators, cruise companies, banks and public sector.
4. Mekong Tourism Symposium – the main event of the Mekong Tourism Forum focusing on the MTF2015 theme “Unlocking the Potential of Mekong Tourism via Innovative Partnerships”. This year, the Mekong Tourism Symposium” is emceed by award-winning author, and TV host and travel journalist Peter Greenberg of CBS News.
5. Movie Screening: Gringo Trails – introduced by the film’s director and producer, movie screening of the award-winning feature film “Gringo Trails”, showing the unanticipated impact of tourism on cultures, economies, and the environment.
6. Post Tours – exciting tours to explore the region, including Da Nang City (including Marble Mountains and Son Tra Peninsula), Hoi An City (a beautiful UNESCO heritage town), Ba Na Hills, and the Cotu Ethnic Minority Community Village (one of Vietnam’s most authentic hill tribes).