BANGKOK, 9 June, 2015 – Peter Greenberg, the Travel Editor of CBS News in the United States, will guide the debate on innovative public and private sector partnerships at the Mekong Tourism Symposium in Viet Nam, 18 June.
With the theme of “Unlocking the Potential of the Mekong Region via Innovative Partnerships,” the symposium, part of the Mekong Tourism Forum, will bring together case studies from Viet Nam, Thailand, and Australia that exemplify innovative private-public collaborations in tourism.
Case studies will show how to promote, position, and develop the Mekong region as a single tourism destination. Expert speakers will join Greenberg to analyse innovative partnerships in product development, positioning, distribution and conservation.
The Mekong Tourism Symposium is one of four events that are part of the Mekong Tourism Forum 2015, hosted by the Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism.
Registration for all Mekong Tourism Forum events is free for travel professionals at www.MekongTourismForum.org.
Download the entire program in PDF
About Mekong Tourism:
What’s happening this MTF 2015?
1. Mekong Tourism Marketing Workshop (in collaboration with UNWTO, PATA, ATTA, GSTC, and Thammasat University) – private and public sector collaboration on product development, aligned to the new Mekong Tourism Marketing Strategy, focusing on key themes and thematic routes in the GMS; from food, cruise, and community based tourism, to adventure tourism.
2. Mekong Tourism Social Media Boot-Camp (in collaboration with Digital Innovation Asia) educating the industry on the importance of digital, social, and mobile. The event features experts from facebook, Tripadvisor, Dragon Trail (China), Rezgo (Canada), Guiddoo (India).
3. Mekong Tourism Investment Summit (in collaboration with HVS, Horwath, and C9 Hotelworks) debating investment opportunities, risks, and challenges in the GMS, to create innovative partnerships by hoteliers, airliners, tour operators, cruise companies, banks and public sector.
4. Mekong Tourism Symposium – the main event of the Mekong Tourism Forum focusing on the MTF2015 theme “Unlocking the Potential of Mekong Tourism via Innovative Partnerships”. This year, the Mekong Tourism Symposium” is emceed by award-winning author, and TV host and travel journalist Peter Greenberg of CBS News.
5. Movie Screening: Gringo Trails – introduced by the film’s director and producer, movie screening of the award-winning feature film “Gringo Trails”, showing the unanticipated impact of tourism on cultures, economies, and the environment.
6. Post Tours – exciting tours to explore the region, including Da Nang City (including Marble Mountains and Son Tra Peninsula), Hoi An City (a beautiful UNESCO heritage town), Ba Na Hills, and the Cotu Ethnic Minority Community Village (one of Vietnam’s most authentic hill tribes).