BANGKOK, 12 June, 2015 – As part of an organization-wide initiative to digitize the Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office (MTCO), the Mekong Tourism Forum June 15-19 in Da Nang, Viet Nam, is launching a mobile conference app for iOS (Apple) and Android devices for free download for MTF delegates.
The app was developed in sponsorship by Guiddoo, an award-winning travel technology company.
Jens Thraenhart, Executive Director of MTCO, said the apps “would create a greener more personalized event,” that allowed delegates to facilitate meet-ups, conduct real-time messaging and has extensive details on the program, speakers, and session descriptions.
Guiddoo’s founder, Vineet Budki is also presenting at the Mekong Tourism Social Media Boot Camp on June 16 on how travel and tourism organizations can leverage mobile to promote experiences and engage with travelers.
Attendance at the Mekong Tourism Forum from June 15-19 is free for travel-related stakeholders, but conditional on pre-event registration. More information can be found at www.mekongtourismforum.org.
Download the entire program in PDF
About Mekong Tourism:
What’s happening this MTF 2015?
1. Mekong Tourism Marketing Workshop (in collaboration with UNWTO, PATA, ATTA, GSTC, and Thammasat University) – private and public sector collaboration on product development, aligned to the new Mekong Tourism Marketing Strategy, focusing on key themes and thematic routes in the GMS; from food, cruise, and community based tourism, to adventure tourism.
2. Mekong Tourism Social Media Boot-Camp (in collaboration with Digital Innovation Asia) educating the industry on the importance of digital, social, and mobile. The event features experts from facebook, Tripadvisor, Dragon Trail (China), Rezgo (Canada), Guiddoo (India).
3. Mekong Tourism Investment Summit (in collaboration with HVS, Horwath, and C9 Hotelworks) debating investment opportunities, risks, and challenges in the GMS, to create innovative partnerships by hoteliers, airliners, tour operators, cruise companies, banks and public sector.
4. Mekong Tourism Symposium – the main event of the Mekong Tourism Forum focusing on the MTF2015 theme “Unlocking the Potential of Mekong Tourism via Innovative Partnerships”. This year, the Mekong Tourism Symposium” is emceed by award-winning author, and TV host and travel journalist Peter Greenberg of CBS News.
5. Movie Screening: Gringo Trails – introduced by the film’s director and producer, movie screening of the award-winning feature film “Gringo Trails”, showing the unanticipated impact of tourism on cultures, economies, and the environment.
6. Post Tours – exciting tours to explore the region, including Da Nang City (including Marble Mountains and Son Tra Peninsula), Hoi An City (a beautiful UNESCO heritage town), and the Ba Na Hills.